Dr Len Kliman is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information
We take our responsibility for handling sensitive personal information seriously and we have put measures in place to maintain the integrity of personal information and provide full transparency on conduct. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) about how we handle your personal information.
Dr Len Kliman provides a range of services that are primarily offered through our website.
We are constantly evolving our services, and new services may be added from time to time.
What information does Dr Len Kliman collect?
The personal information that we collect depends upon which of our services you use and the information you choose to provide.
We may collect personal information such as:
- Your name
- Your dates of birth
- Your contact details -address, email address, phone number
- Your emergency contact details
- Your Medicare number
- Private health details including membership number
- Aged pension or Veteran Affairs number and details
If you choose to book an appointment with Dr Len Kliman, we may collect information from you as provided by your referring health professional regarding your treatment such as copies of referral letters which may include relevant medical history, symptoms, investigation results, medication and management and other health information.
If you are a referring health practitioner, we may collect information about you and your practice such as name, contact details, provider number and information relevant to providing services to referred patients.
We may also collect information from third parties, such as:
- Family members, legal guardian/s and/or a person you have authorised to provide your personal information to us;
- Health professionals and their practices
Dr Len Kliman uses social networking services such as Facebook and Instagram to communicate with the public about its activities. Dr Len Kliman may collect your personal information when you communicate with us by using these social networking services, and the social networking services will also handle your personal information for their own activities. These social networking sites have their own privacy policies.
Why does Dr Len Kliman collect and use your personal information?
The primary reason Dr Len Kliman uses your personal information is to provide the services you have elected to receive.
Where Dr Len Kliman has collected personal and sensitive information through the Health Professional Network that incorporates Dr Len Kliman’s technology, it will;
- Handle your personal and sensitive information in accordance with Dr Len Kliman’s privacy commitments outlined in our agreements with such health professionals
- Disclose your personal and sensitive information to the relevant health professionals and will not otherwise have effective control or use your personal and sensitive information as detailed below unless permitted under the health Professional Agreement;
- Seek assurances from health professionals that use our services that they will handle information in accordance with applicable laws, but we have no control over and are not responsible for any health’s professional’s use of information for which it has effective control.
Subject to the above in relation to the health Professional’s Network’s that utilise Dr Len Kliman’s technology, Dr Len Kliman may use your personal information:
- To facilitate communications between you and health professionals and their practices such as to remind you of an upcoming appointment, to confirm a booking or to request feedback.
- On a de-identified basis for analysis, research and quality assurance purposes
When you have provided prior agreement, for communicating with you about our services, you will be able to stop receiving these communications at any time by:
-replying “Stop” to SMS correspondence; or
- To promote and drive engagements with our services
- To pre-fill forms
- To report to health professionals and their practices about the use of our services
- For de-identified data analytics to help us improve our services and our users experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns;
- For other purposes that are notified to you at the time we collect your information, which you give your consent to, or which are authorised or required by law.
Who does Dr Len Kliman disclose personal information to?
Dr Len Kliman may disclose your personal information to other persons such as;
- Third party services providers (such as IT and software service providers such as payment processing service providers and our professional advisors such as lawyers and auditors) but only for the purposes of providing services to us. We require our third-party service providers to agree to appropriate privacy restrictions and only permit them access to personal information to the extent need to provide services to us
- Upon your request, to your representatives and/or providers of other services such as private health insurance companies,
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- Other persons notified to you at the time we collect your personal information, who you give consent to, or to whom we are authorised or required by law to make such disclosure.
We may also disclose de-identified information of our users to third parties that collect and process data for analysis, research and quality assurance purposes, such as;
- Third parties who provide data analytics to help us improve our services and our users experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns;
- Third party entities to prevent various types of data processing abuse and block suspicious behaviour;
Data Quality and security
Dr Len Kliman will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we may collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, we rely on the accuracy of the personal information as entered by you or provided to us by third parties.
Dr Len Kliman will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Dr Len Kliman implements security measures such as:
- Physical security such as security procedures for access to our premises and;
- IT security procedures including password protection, network firewalls, encrypted, intrusion detection and site monitoring.
We store your personal information on secure servers located in Australia in an encrypted, electronic format.
Access to, deletion of and correction of your personal information
You have a right to request:
- Access your personal information
- That we correct inaccuracies relating to your information
In some circumstances we may not be able to comply with a request that you make in respect of your personal information. For example, we may be required to retain certain information that you ask us to delete for various reasons when there is a legal requirement to do so. Where these reasons to refuse a request in respect of your personal information exists, we will advise you of those reasons at the time of your request.
In particular, if you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, you should forward a written complaint to our Practice Manager.
We will respond in writing within 30 days of receipt of a complaint. If you are not satisfied with our decision, you can contact us to discuss your concerns.
If the complaint remains unresolved, you have the option of notifying the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Contact details can be found at OAIC’s website: www.oaic.gov.au
How to contact us:
By Mail: Practice Manager, Suite 101/320 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne 3002
By email: email@example.com